Part 8: Inside construction
15 May - 17 July
2011

 

 Finished the edges to the shower tray with Mahogany trim which is glued in with epoxy then after sanding a final coat of epoxy over everything to seal it and make it all water proof


 The beginning stages to the roof over the shower constructed from Gaboon plywood and just before taking out to coat with epoxy


The start of my Buro corner with shelves and some draws


Building the draw for the printer paper and other stationary things


Folders shelf is built and the draw is fitted


The Printer is in place and only needs the small wood piece fitted on the front to hold it in place


Building the speaker shelf


First speaker shelf is in place


Both speakers now mounted on the wall


Painting some more as the weather is good for this


The right side and rear are now finished


After spending a few hours sanding all the sikaflex and old paint Ive now finished the undercoating and now about to apply the final top coat


Thats it! The outside painting is finished


Finally got around to burning the Bar 25 logo into the shower floor and coating with Epoxy


Sorting out the layout of the pipe connections for the shower


Ive also Epoxied into the wall an old porcelain soap holder. Now waiting for the epoxy to dry before sanding and applying the marine varnish to the wood


Cut a hole in the roof to mount a ventilator for the shower. Here I have mounted an old drain pipe that will be the flange between the fan and the aluminium flex pipe.
In 2019 I removed the Solar Vent as the fan had started to rub on the side of the housing and I found I really didnt need it


Holding a jigsaw blade in my Visegrips as the jigsaw wouldn't fit in the corner


The aluminium flex pipe coming through the roof


Gluing the wooden frames that will hold the side walls to the shelf. The Festool box is holding down the frame for the binocular cupboard


Framing finished


Ready to be lifted into place
Fitted in place with a small shelf behind the oval for my Binoculars


    Rewiring the Ventilator with longer cables so I         can mount the switches on the wall


 Soldering the longer wires on the back of the switch circuit board
Shelf mounted and the switch fixed to the left corner


The Solar ventilator that runs the system so that I can extract the steam from the shower and keep the house less damp especially in winter.
As I said above, this is now gone as also a Solar Panal now covers this area


Fitted the water pipes for the shower and bedded them down on Sikaflex where they go through the wall


Connected the copper pipes to the plastic hoses


      I soldered together copper T Connectors to              join the hoses
All put together and water test completed


 Yippy !!!
I now have a working shower with a LED shower head


Finished Buro with Files and Printer


                                                                                                       Return to "Trucks New House"
                                                                                                   Go to "Inside Construction: Part 9"
 

Make a free website with Yola